Out of all the metropolitan cities in India, Bangalore is known to have the best weather. The city takes on a different color every time it rains which makes for a beautiful sight. Summer holidays usually means a change in scenery for a few days. Everyone looks to get out and enjoy a break from the routine of their everyday life. There are a number of monsoon getaways from Bangalore that people flock to every year. For the ones who have limited days in hand, there are a number of resorts around Bangalore like Discovery Village that they can go and stay at. For the others who have the leisure of time, there are a number of places nearby that they can go to either by car, train or flight for the perfect getaway.
There are numerous options to choose from for a vacation during the monsoon which can make the task a little tedious and complicated. In order to make it easier, there are a number of alluring places near Bangalore that have been listed below.
• Nandi Hills – known as one of the most scenic place to visit near Bangalore, this becomes a must visit during the monsoon time. There are a numerous sightseeing options in and around the hill and for the ones who seek a little bit of adventure, there are options for cycling, paragliding and trekking as well. For a little bit of downtime, there is a lot of greenery for everyone to enjoy a picnic with their loved ones. Discovery Village has resort in Nandi Hills and they make for the perfect place to stay while visiting the area.
• Anthargange Trek – located just about 70 km from the city, these volcanic rock formations are perfect for a night trek. Apart from trekking, one can also enjoy hiking, rock climbing, high rope traversing and rappelling. After a day filled with adventure, one can also carry their sleeping bags and enjoy a night under the stars complete with a bonfire and good food.
• Shivanasamudra Falls – Also known as Shiva’s Sea, this beautiful waterfall, makes for a surreal sight during the monsoons. Milky white water flowing from the Kaveri splits into two by the island of Shivanasamudra. The fact that it is just 130 km from the city makes it an ideal destination for a quick road trip.
• Yercaud – a paradise for photographers and bird watchers, this hill station near Tamil Nadu is dotted with lakes and dense forests. It is rich in biodiversity, flora and fauna and has a number of sightseeing options like silk farm, deer park, rose garden and an orchidarium. During the monsoon, it feels as if you are floating among the clouds. At a mere distance of approximately 200 km, this place makes for the perfect weekend destination.
• Coorg – hailed as one of the gems of the South, this destination is great all year round, but particularly during the monsoon. It is one of the best places for river rafting and promises a bundle of adrenaline and adventure. Apart from that, the coffee estates, luscious hills, misty mountains and endless greenery makes it perfect to spend some quite time with your loved ones. The fact that it is around 240 km away from the city makes it easily accessible by both cars and trains.
• Chikamagalur – there is something extremely romantic about enjoying a cup of coffee in the rains. When you add a scenic background to it, it becomes nothing less than heaven. The dense forests, wonderful streams, luscious green hillsides, enchanting waterfalls and numerous coffee plantations makes this a top favourite among anyone looking for a quick getaway during the monsoon. A lot of people prefer taking the bus or driving down, depending on their convenience.
• Dandeli – located about 400 km from the city, it is one of the top destinations for adventure sports. Anyone looking to enjoy river rafting, rappelling, angling, wildlife trekking and kayaking should definitely go here, especially during the monsoon as it becomes stellar during this time. It is set on the River Kali and is home to rich flora and fauna.
The options for a getaway during the monsoon are endless. All it requires is picking the destination, bundling up your loved ones and getting lost in the beauty of nature.