A power packed Panel Discussion on Each for Equality: Accelerating Inclusive Growth followed by felicitating women achievers with FLO Women Transforming India Awards 2020 marked the celebration of International Women’s Day by FICCI Ladies Organisation in Hotel Le Meridien.
FLO President, Harjinder Kaur Talwar said, “ On this International Women’s Day Each for Equality is a call for a proactive and unified stand, wherein we can collectively fight the challenges, break stereotypes, look beyond gender and work towards a just, equitable and sustainable world.”
In the Panel Discussion, H.E. Mr. André Aranha Corrêa do Lago, Ambassador of Brazil and H.E. Dr. Heba Salah Eldin Elmarassi, Ambassador of Egypt shared their experiences experience in context of their own countries and highlighted on the emerging role of women in these countries and underlined the role of the government in harnessing the strength of women. The Indian perspective was shared by Nistha Satyam, Deputy Country Representative, UN Women. Smt Meenakshi Lekhi, Member of Parliament moderated the session and shared her inputs.
“It is also very important to recognize success stories of women achievers. This will not only inspire them to do better but also inspire other women to bring out the best in themselves.”, Harjinder added.
To Commemorate International Women’s Day 2020, 6 women of excellence were felicitated for their outstanding achievements in their respective area of work, with the FLO WOMEN TRANSFORMING INDIA AWARDS 2020. The awardees included:
· Shahnaz Hussain, Founder, Chairperson & Managing Director, The Shahnaz Husain Group (As an ICONIC Entrepreneur)
· Dr. Shobha Vijender Gupta, Founder President, Sampurna (for her contribution in social work
· Sonal Kalra, Managing Editor of HT (for her contribution to journalism)
· Lalita Nijhawan, Director, Nijhawan Group of Companies (to felicitate hr as a Business Leader in Travel Industry)
· Preiti Patel, CMD, Raspian Enterprises Pvt. Ltd. (for Breaking the glass ceiling in Business)
· Shivani Malik, Marketing Director at Da Milano Leathers Pvt. (for her contribution in marketing and Communication)
Also, on this occasion, an MoU was signed between UN Women and FLO for working towards empowerment and inclusion of women entrepreneurs in the private sector.
The celebrations of International Women’s Day ended with the soulful musical renditions by NIZAMI BANDHU and PHOOLON KI HOLI
Other distinguished guests present were Shri Vijender Gupta, Member of Legislative Assembly and member of BJP’s National Executive; Shri Sudhanshu Mittal, Political Thinker and BJP leader; Smt Rekha Sharma, Chairperson of the National Commission for Women in India and Mr Dilip Chenoy, Secretary General, FICCI.