One common habit of all successful people has been reading books and if you want to be a successful investor or trader then reading good books on the above is one important criteria!!
As Investing/Trading is an art and not a formula of science the books won’t tell you the secret mantra of earning money or growing wealth in stock markets but they will show you the pathway to create wealth and become a successful Investor/Trader.
As a Doctor cannot perform an operation just by reading books, as a lawyer cannot fight a case just by reading books of law, in a similar way one cannot become a successful Investor/Trader just by reading books, one has to learn the practical aspects too and burn your hands in the beginning to understand how the market functions & get accustomed with it.
Few books that I will like to suggest for beginners or the ones who are not able to swim in this ocean called stock markets are :-
For Investors :-
1) Rich Dad Poor Dad – Robert Kiyosaki
2) One Up on Wall Street – Peter Lynch
3) Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits – Philip Fisher
4) The Intelligent Investors – Benjamin Graham
For Traders :-
1) Trading for a Living – Dr. Alexander Elder
2) The Disciplined Trader – Mark Douglas
3) Technical Analysis of Financial Markets – John Murphy
4) Martin Pring on Price Patterns – Martin Pring
One should read all the above books in the order stated, their is a particular reason why the above order has been stated.
“Don’t just say you have read books. Show that through them you have learned to think better, to be a more discriminating and reflective person.” – Epictetus